Dr. René Holm
Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, Drug Product Development (Janssen), Belgium
Head and Scientific Director of Janssen Pharmaceutica, Belgium
Supervisor of ESR4, ESR5, ESR6, ESR7 and ESR13
René Holm received his pharmaceutical training at the Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, now the school of pharmacy at University of Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1998 and his PhD in biopharmaceutics from the same institution in 2002. Dr. Holm joined Lundbeck in 2001 and changed to Janssen in 2016. Dr. Holm has worked within pharmaceutical development, formulations for non-clinical testing in drug discovery, physical chemistry and material science covering both small and large molecules and is now responsible for the functional unit ensuring development of all non-solid formulations for Janssens small molecule value stream.
Dr. Holm is (co-) author of more than 210 original articles in peer-reviewed journals and patents in the field of biopharmaceutics, preformulation, formulation and physical pharmacy and is a honorary professor in physical chemistry at the Department of Science and Environment, University of Roskilde, Denmark.
- Kuentz, M., Holm, R., Kronseder, C., Saal, C., Griffin, B.T. (2021). Rational selection of bio-enabling oral drug formulations – a PEARRL commentary. J.Pharm.Sci. 110, 1921-1930.
- De Cleyn, E., Holm, R., Khamiakova, T., Van den Mooter, G. (2021). Picking up good vibrations: Exploration of the intensified vibratory mill via a modern Design of Experiments. Int.J.Pharm. 598, 12367.
- Samuelsen, L., Holm, R., Schönbeck, C. (2020). Cyclodextrin binding constants as a function of pH for compounds with multiple pKa values. Int.J.Pharm. 585, 119493
- Knopp, M.M., Wendelboe, J., Holm, R., Rades, T. (2018). Effect of amorphous phase separation and crystallization on the in vitro and in vivo performance of an amorphous solid dispersion. Eur.J.Pharm.Biopharm. 130, 290-295.
- Holm, R., Olesen, N.E., Alexandersen, S.D., Dahlgaard, B.N., Westh, P., Mu, H. (2016). Thermodynamic investigation of the interaction between cyclodextrins and preservatives – application and verification in a mathematical model to determine the needed preservative surplus in aqueous cyclodextrin formulations. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 87, 22-29.
- Holm, R., Tønsberg, H., Jørgensen, E.B., Abedinpour, P., Farsad, S., Müllertz, A. (2012). Influence of bile on the absorption of halofantrine from lipid based formulations. Eur.J.Pharm.Biopharm. 81, 281-287