Dr. Bradley D. Anderson
Emeritus Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky (USA)
Dr. Brad Anderson is an Emeritus Professor in Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Kentucky, USA. He received his M.S. and Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from the University of Kansas (1978). After five years at The Upjohn Co., he joined the Univ. of Utah in 1983 as an Associate Professor in Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry. He relocated to the Univ. of Kentucky in 2000 and served as Department Chair (2000-2003) and Interim Chair (2012-13). He is an AAPS Charter Member and AAPS Fellow. Awards he has received include the Pfizer Young Investigator Award (1985), the Pharm. Res. Meritorious Manuscript (1990), J. Controlled Release Outstanding Paper (1992), J. Pharm. Sci. Ebert Prize (1998), the Univ. of Utah Distinguished Research Award (1999), the AAPS Wurster Award in Pharmaceutics (2012), and the AAPS Outstanding Educator (2016). Anderson has served as an Editor for J. Pharm. Sci. and on several editorial boards. He has over 160 publications and several patents in prodrug and drug delivery system design.
- B.D. Anderson and R.A. Conradi, “Predictive Relationships in the Water Solubility of Salts of a Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug”, J. Pharm. Sci., 74, 815 (1985).
- M.D. Johnson, B.L. Hoesterey, and B.D. Anderson, “Solubilization of a Tripeptide HIV Protease Inhibitor Using a Combination of Ionization and Complexation with Chemically Modified Cyclodextrins”, J. Pharm. Sci., 83, 1142-1146 (1994).
- Singhal, N.F.H. Ho, and B.D. Anderson, “Absorption and Intestinal Metabolism of Purine Dideoxynucleosides and an Adenosine Deaminase-Activated Prodrug of 2′,3′-Dideoxyinosine in the Mesenteric Vein Cannulated Rat Ileum”, J. Pharm. Sci., 87, 569-577 (1998).
- T.-X. Xiang and B.D. Anderson, “Influence of Chain Ordering on the Selectivity of DPPC Bilayer Membranes to Permeant Size and Shape”, Biophysical J., 75, 2658-2671 (1998).
- R.T. DeGraw and B.D. Anderson, “Determination of carrier mediated transport of 2’,3’ dideoxypurine nucleosides in the rat ileum using an in situ bi-directional perfusion technique”, Pharm. Res., 21, 300-308 (2004).
- T.-X. Xiang and B.D. Anderson, “Liposomal Drug Transport: A Molecular Perspective from Molecular Dynamics Simulations in Lipid Bilayers”, Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev., 58, 1357-78 (2006).
- Rane and B.D. Anderson, “What Determines Drug Solubility in Lipid Vehicles: Is it Predictable?”, Adv. Drug Delivery Rev., 60, 638-656 (2008).
- R.W. Tejwani, M.E. Davis, B.D. Anderson, T.R. Stouch, “An Atomic and Molecular View of the Depth Dependence of the Free Energies of Solute Transfer from Water into Lipid Bilayers”, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 8, 2204-2215 (2011).
- P. DeHart and B.D. Anderson, “Kinetics and Mechanisms of Deamidation and Covalent Amide-Linked Adduct Formation in Amorphous Lyophiles of a Model Asparagine-Containing Peptide”, Pharm. Res., 29, 2722-2737 (2012).
- E.D. Adane, Z. Liu, T.-X. Xiang, B.D. Anderson and M. Leggas, “Pharmacokinetic Modeling to Assess Factors Affecting the Oral Bioavailability of the Lactone and Carboxylate Forms of the Lipophilic Camptothecin Analogue AR-67 in Rats”, Pharm. Res., 29, 1722-1736 (2012).
- D.D. Patel and B.D. Anderson, Maintenance of supersaturation II: Effect of Excipients on bulk diffusion controlled crystal growth of indomethacin, J. Pharm.Sci., 102, 1544-1553 (2013).
- Modi and B.D. Anderson, Determination of Drug Release Kinetics from Nanoparticles: Overcoming Pitfalls of the Dynamic Dialysis Method, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 10, 3076-3089 (2013).
- Patel and B.D. Anderson, Effect of Precipitation Inhibitors on Indomethacin Supersaturation Maintenance: Mechanisms and Modeling, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 11, 1489-1499 (2014).
- K.D. Fugit and B.D. Anderson, Dynamic, Nonsink Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Drug Permeability and Binding Coefficients in Liposomes, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 11, 1314-1325 (2014).
- K.D. Fugit, A. Jyoti, M. Upreti, and B.D. Anderson, Insights Into Accelerated Liposomal Release of Topotecan in Plasma Monitored by a Non-invasive Fluorescence Spectroscopic Method, J. Control. Rel., 197, 10-19 (2015).
- Csuhai, S. Kangarlou, T.-X. Xiang, A. Ponta, P. Bummer, D. Choi, and B. D. Anderson, Determination of Key Parameters for a Mechanism-Based Model to Predict Doxorubicin Release from Actively-Loaded Liposomes, J. Pharm. Sci., 104, 1087-1098, (2015).
- Yuan, T.-X. Xiang, B.D. Anderson, E.J. Munson, Hydrogen Bonding Interactions in Amorphous Indomethacin and Its Amorphous Solid Dispersions with Poly(vinylpyrrolidone) and Poly(vinylpyrrolidone-co-vinyl acetate) Studied Using 13C Solid-State NMR, Molecular Pharmaceutics, 12, 4518-4528 (2015).
- K.D. Fugit, T.-X. Xiang, D.H. Choi, S. Kangarlou, E. Csuhai, P.M. Bummer, and B.D. Anderson, Mechanistic Model and Analysis of Doxorubicin Release from Liposomal Formulations, J. Control. Rel., 217, 82-91 (2015).
- B.D. Anderson and T.-X. Xiang, Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Amorphous Systems, in “Computational Pharmaceutical Solid State Chemistry”, Y. Abramov, ed., Wiley, ISBN: 978-1-118-70074-7, 424 pages, 2016.
- T.-X. Xiang and B.D. Anderson, Effects of molecular interactions on miscibility and mobility of ibuprofen in amorphous solid dispersions with various polymers. J. Pharm. Sci., 108, 178-186 (2019).