Dr. Patrick O’Dwyer
Dr. Patrick O’Dwyer is currently a lecturer in Pharmaceutics at the School of Pharmacy in University College Cork. He received his Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) degree from University College Cork in 2015 and completed his Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) degree from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 2016.
Dr. O’Dwyer completed his PhD in 2020 from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens under the supervision of Prof Christos Reppas, as part of the PEARRL (Pharmaceutical Education And Research with Regulatory Links) project, a European Training Network funded under the EU Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions). His PhD research was conducted in Pion Inc. (UK) Ltd. and the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, with a secondment in the European Medicines Agency also completed as part of the project.
- O’Dwyer PJ, Box KJ, Imanidis G, Vertzoni M, Reppas C. On the usefulness of four in vitro methods in assessing the intraluminal performance of poorly soluble, ionisable compounds in the fasted state. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2022 Jan 1;168:106034. doi: 10.1016/j.ejps.2021.106034. Epub 2021 Oct 7. PMID: 34628003; PMCID: PMC8665220.
- O’Dwyer PJ, Box KJ, Dressman J, Griffin BT, Henze LJ, Litou C, Pentafragka C, Statelova M, Vertzoni M, Reppas C. Oral biopharmaceutics tools: recent progress from partnership through the Pharmaceutical Education and Research with Regulatory Links collaboration. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2021 Mar 8;73(4):437-446. doi: 10.1093/jpp/rgaa055. PMID: 33793836.
- Bennett-Lenane H, Koehl NJ, O’Dwyer PJ, Box KJ, O’Shea JP, Griffin BT. Applying Computational Predictions of Biorelevant Solubility Ratio Upon Self-Emulsifying Lipid-Based Formulations Dispersion to Predict Dose Number. J Pharm Sci. 2021 Jan;110(1):164-175. doi: 10.1016/j.xphs.2020.10.055. Epub 2020 Nov 2. PMID: 33144233.
- O’Dwyer PJ, Box KJ, Koehl NJ, Bennett-Lenane H, Reppas C, Holm R, Kuentz M, Griffin BT. Novel Biphasic Lipolysis Method To Predict in Vivo Performance of Lipid-Based Formulations. Mol Pharm. 2020 Sep 8;17(9):3342-3352. doi: 10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.0c00427. Epub 2020 Aug 21. PMID: 32787274.
- O’Dwyer PJ, Imanidis G, Box KJ, Reppas C. On the Usefulness of Two Small-Scale In Vitro Setups in the Evaluation of Luminal Precipitation of Lipophilic Weak Bases in Early Formulation Development. Pharmaceutics. 2020 Mar 16;12(3):272. doi: 10.3390/pharmaceutics12030272. PMID: 32188116; PMCID: PMC7151110.